SERIES 1000 FIBERGLASS PIPE
Corrosion Resistant Pipe and Fittings for Severely Corrosive Industrial Service
Uses and Applications:
- Corrosive Services
- Waste Water and Sewage Systems
- Power Plant Piping
- Plant Piping
- Water Treatment Piping
- Piping Systems for Alkalies and Non-Oxidizing Acids
- Filament wound fiberglass reinforced composite pipe.
- ASTM D-2996 (Isophthalic Resin) Classification Type 1, Grade 2, Class E.
- Working pressures from NBS-PS-15-69 duct to 450 psi+, depending upon size and wall thickness.
- Vacuum to –14.7 psig for all sizes, by selection of wall thicknesses, ribs and filament wind angle.
- Available for earth burial, all depths, with selection of wall thickenesses, ribs and filament wind angle.
- Weighs 1/6 as much as steel. Thus, lower installation costs.
- The resins used in Series 1000 pipe meet the requirements of F.D.A. Regulations 21-CFR-175.105 And 21CFR 177.2420.
- Smooth inner surface produces very low frictional loss for reduced pumping and fan blower costs. Hazen-Williams flow coefficient under 150.
- Recommended for a wide range of abrasion/corrosion applications. Consult with Beetle Plastics, LLC, or the resin manufacturer, for specific project recommendations.
- Nominal 40 mil glass veil and/or nexus reinforced corrosion liner, followed by a fiberglass
- filament wound structural overwrap.
- The liner thickness may be changed based on the application and service.
- Operating temperatures up to 180°ƒ.
Diameters, ranging from 1/2” Ø up to 168” Ø. Pipe available built to iron pipe outside diameters (ASTM D-2996, Table 3), as well as pipe built to chemical process piping inside diameter standards.Pipe Lengths:
- ½” Ø pipe and smaller is built in 5 foot lengths.
- ¾” Ø and 7/8” Ø pipe is built in 6 foot lengths.
- 1” Ø through 1 ½” Ø pipe is built in 10 foot lengths.
- 2” Ø through 4” Ø pipe is available in 20 foot lengths.
- 6” Ø pipe is available in 30 foot lengths.
- 8” through 168” pipe is available in 40 foot lengths.
- For selected pipe sized in 30” Ø and larger, 60 foot lengths are available. Longer lengths mean fewer field joints.
- Bell (socket) and spigot structural adhesive weld bonded joints are available on diameters 12”and less. Diameters 14” and larger are the butt wrap joint method.
- Full size range of fittings are available to complete the piping system.
Good corrosion resistance over a wide temperature range. Temperatures from sub-zero to 180ºƒ.
PROPERTIES AND INSTALLATION
These are conservative properties that can be used for the design of FW pipe for pressure, vacuum, supported span and burial conditions. Contact Beetle Plastics, LLC for recommendations on the appropriate design formulas to be used for FRP composite pipe.
As a custom manufacturer of pipe and fittings, we can design and build pipe to handle burial conditions ranging from live loads due to highway and rail traffic – to earth loads of 100 feet or greater. We even have experience with underwater installations. Our Engineers will welcome the opportunity to work with you on a pipe design, backfill selection and installation methods to meet your specific requirements. The result will be your lowest cost per year of service life (installed basis).
Support Span Installations:
Again, we can design and build pipe to provide you the lowest cost for supported span installed pipe. Since we are not limited to just a few pipe wall thickness and filament winding angles – we can select and choose the combination of pipe design and support design and cost that will provide your “best buy.” Consult with our engineers for assistance with your specific requirements.